Isabella and Scarlett


Last Wednesday was Bella's first day of Dancing Class. She was so excited. She has wanted to dance for as long as she can remember. Scarlett, not wanting to be left out wanted to get on her "dancing suit" as well. So here is the last minute picture as we were running out to catch our FIRST dance class.

Scarlett and Bella love to go out with the little kids (Connor, Susanna, and Amy) as they are waiting for the school bus. They all ripstick, ride scooters, big wheels or bikes during the wait. Well, last week it was unseasonable cool. The kids got a coat (Amy's) out for Scarlett. She looked like a red blob. Bella is dragging her into the house so we could get ready for dancing.

These two little girls give me a run for my money each and every day. After we get the other seven out the door for early morning seminary,high school, middle and elementary school, we get Lon ready for the dental office and then it is just me and my "two babies." That is what Bella likes to call herself and her baby sister. She says, "Aren't you lucky, you have two babies."

Yes! I need to remember that I truly am lucky to still have two babies at home who love and need me after nineteen years of having babies. Just more and more of a good thing. Each and every baby has been a blessing to my life -- starting with my first Lonnie (the full-time missionary) down to Scarlett (the full-time "get-into-everything girl"). Each one wanted. Not a single surprise. We were glad to have every single child.

2 comments:

Simply Simmons said...

Aunt Dana,

You are such an inspiration to me. I love how you are so loving and thoughtful with your words as you talk about each of your children. It reminds me to always try to be a better mother to my boys (and any others who decide to come).

Love you,

Erin

Halvorsen Family said...

I echo Erins comments. You are a super mother and aren't we lucky to have these precious children in our lives. What would life be without them!