"NEW" Kansas City Stake Center Dedication

Today was a special day for our Stake, the Kansas City Missouri Stake. We dedicated a new Stake Center east of Lee's Summit on 50 Hwy. It is a beautiful building just off the highway on an outer road appropriately named "Church Rd." We enjoyed the singing of the choir, all the talks. Uncle Shawn was the first speaker, he is the 1st Counselor in the Kansas City Missouri Stake Presidency. He gave a great talk concerning the origins of the Kansas City Stake. He always does such a nice job on his talks, but what touched me the most tonight was the closing song. Truly, it had been a long Sunday. We left for church around 1:00 and went over to the dedication which started at 7:00 ending around 8:30, never returning home. That is a long time for six little children to be at church, and one mother without her husband or three oldest daughters to help love these little ones and keep them quiet so others can understand and hear the messages being spoken.

Well to make a long story short, the closing hymn was "The Spirit of God." What a rousing rendition. The entire congregation was bursting with the magnificence of this hymn. I felt choked up and looked up at the stand and there was sweet Shawn trying his best to join in with the chorus, but struggling to keep back the tears. The Spirit was very strong there this evening. I was glad that I kept the kids at church for seven and a half hours. We were there in that throng praising the Lord for his many bounties and blessings upon this area.

All I could think was how Grandma Tracy would have been so proud. Music was so much a part of her life. What nice sons she raised. I am so glad to be married to Lon. He is such a kind, gentle man. And as I was watching Shawn from afar, I was proud to be his sister-in-law. I was happy to be part of the Tracy Family. My life has been touched for good. I miss you Grandma Tracy. I wish you could have been sitting with me there tonight.

Lon is out in Utah since Friday night with Betsy, Katie and Emily attending Aunt Adalaide's services. I missed him and my daughters. I miss Lonnie. But in turn I am glad they were all where they were. It was how it should have been. And I am sure I have and will be blessed for sitting with six wiggly kids through all the meetings. They will be blessed as well.

1 comment:

Halvorsen Family said...

I love to hear this! The Kansas City area needs this, and yes, my mother would've indeed loved being a part of this...I miss her, too. Especially at this moment as I have been reflecting on my wonderful Aunt Ann, who loved my mother as much as any mother would love her daughter. And I know that my mother loved you like that too, Dana. My mother was a remarkable person. Thank you for this beautiful post. I'm glad Lon and the girls were able to go to the funeral. Wished we could've had the means and the time to do so, as well.